25 February 2012

Edging Closer to the Avett Brothers


The Avett Brothers are coming back to Ohio. Not once, but three times. May 12th in Cleveland, May 19th in Columbus, and June 7th in Kettering. My best friend and I would like to go to all three shows, and maybe even the show in Detroit on May 18th, but unfortunately the only one that works is the Kettering show. May 12th is the day Cedar Point opens, so that day is already claimed and May 19th is my best friend's first baseball game, so obviously that day is out. The Kettering show will most likely mean missing a week of summer league bowling, but that's okay—I'll just ask my dad to sub for me.

I woke up this morning at 8:40, two minutes before my alarm was set to go off, so I would be up and ready to buy tickets right at 9am when they went on sale. For whatever reason, the Kettering show didn't go on sale until today whereas all the other shows had a presale this past Wednesday. That actually worked out better for me though because when the presale started on Wednesday, I was at work. At first I wasn't sure I would be able to get good seats because I couldn't get the presale to work—it featured the seats in the first couple rows only. But I was quick enough on Fraze Pavilion's website and landed seats in the seventh row, which I think, given the seating arrangement, are better seats than the first couple rows anyhow. It's just like at a movie theatre, the closer you are the harder it is to see everything. Our seats are towards the right side of the section, but we'll still have an optimal view.

We've never been to Fraze Pavilion before, so we have no idea where the stage door is, but we're determined to meet the guys. Part of why we wanted to go to all of the Ohio shows is because we wanted to try to meet them at every one and see if they remembered us. Unfortunately, that won't be possible. But we're okay with that. Seeing them once is all we need. For now anyway. Maybe next time they're around we'll make it to a few more shows. We're not stopping until we meet them anyhow. Remember, it's on the list to jam with the Avett Brothers.

I'm considering e-mailing the Avetts' management team to try schedule some kind of interview with them when they're around here, something to post on this blog. It's not a scam to meet them by any means; they're very influential figures in my life, especially in regards to this blog. Their music has given me a lot of inspiration in life and in my writing. To be able to sit down with them and discuss their music and to discuss life in general would be an amazing opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's hear it, bro